I've read that Blogger has been having problems and I've noticed that a lot of us bloggers don't seem to be writing as much. I know I haven't written as much. Kind of hard for me to see if blogs are being viewed as often either as I haven't written consistently and my readership numbers have never been that big anyway. No complaints, just curious as to what others think. Since I've put that out there I might as well ask some more Questons from the Dugout(new name!).
Question: What matters more to you: the player, the card design, rarity, or value?
I thought this question wouldn't be too difficult, but it wasn't an easy answer for me. After much thought, the player and the card design are the two most important aspects to me. I'm going to collect the annual Topps set, so that design and those players are a given, but when it comes to subsets, Heritage, or anything else the design is what gets me to chase it.

When it comes to players, I'm going to collect the Topps playing days cards of those players that I really like. There are several out there that I want to collect that I haven't really started, but will one day. Plus there are my player collections too.

Question: Would you rather have a great local card shop or a great card show once a month?
This one was easier for me. I'd rather have a great card show than a great local card store. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a great LCS nearby, but I'd want it to be like the old card stores. You know, the ones that had a ballgame on the TV, cards sorted by year for set builds, stars sorted by player. You could go hang out, talk sports and look at cards. Those don't exist around here anymore. Public Service Announcement-If you have a LCS like that around you, make sure that you support it. They are a dying breed. Now back to the regularly scheduled show...
The best thing about a great monthly card show is options, options options! There are more variety of cards and more price points on something you are looking for. There's also a revolving inventory. Plus, you get to meet people from all over. The one drawback is timing. Having to wait for the monthly show and having my personal schedule cleared in order to attend.
Speaking of card shows, I picked these two cards up at a show recently.

No comments:
Post a Comment