Thursday, May 25, 2023

It finally happened!

 It's official. I'm finally a TCDB trader! Not only did I make my first TCDB trade, I made my second and third trades all in the same week. 

Trade number one was an even thirteen for thirteen card swap for 1981 and 1992 Topps cards needed for my sets. 


 

The trade went off without a hitch. My trading partner was kind enough to be patient with me and walk me through the process on the website. 

Trade number two was a six cards for five cards trade that brought me cards needed for my 1985 Topps set.



There was a little miscommunication on my part, but it was all worked out before cards were sent. Once again, I'm two for two with great trade partners. 

Trade number three is not quite complete. I received four 1984 Topps and fourteen 1985 Topps for four of my extra 1984 Topps cards. 



The cards I sent, as of this post, still haven't arrived at my trade partner's home. I have been in contact with him and he doesn't seemed too worried about it. I'm not comfortable with the fact he hasn't received the cards yet. There's not much I can do about it, until I know something. 

All three trades were started by my trade partners. I'm still trying to figure out how I go about starting a trade with someone else, but so far, it hasn't worked out. I think it will be a lot easier once I get more cards listed in the database. 

Peace, 

Michael
Isaiah 40:31






3 comments:

  1. Whenever I send packages and they're still in transit... running late... it makes me uncomfortable too. Glad the person you traded with is patient and hope he receives his cards soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the patience in the world when something is en route to me, but have absolutely zero when I'm sending something to another person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TCDB! That site has been the main driver of trades for me for the past couple of years now. Definitely worth getting your collection uploaded on there (though I say that as someone who still hasn't fully uploaded his own Barry Larkin collection yet)!

    ReplyDelete

"The way he plays the game." What does that mean?

Baseball has been an integral part of my life for as long as I can remember. I started playing the game when I was five years old. I was act...