Sunday, January 14, 2024

Thoughts of an old collector 1st edition of 2024

 Random thoughts of an old collector - 2024 

*Let's go ahead and get it out of the way...according to a friend I get to own this until the next winner is crowned!


*As a set collector, I think one of my goals for 2024 should be to actually complete some sets. Not just the 3 I collect for myself and my grandsons, but actually finish some of the ones that I've started.

*I got bored one day when I was at Walmart and bought a couple of 2023 Topps Heritage blasters. Big mistake! I actually love it, but man, is it going to be a challenge to complete. I'm down to about 80-85 cards in the first run and about 20 in the high numbers. It's going to be a challenge, but it should be fun.

*I really like the design of the 2024 Topps. It's different. I like the look and believe that Topps Chrome should look really good. I'll stick with the flagship and just collect my players from Chrome. 


*Speaking of 2024, Evan Carter's rookie card will be in there(see above!). I think the Rangers hit on a good one and look forward to grabbing his cards. 

*I started a few subsets this past year, which, for the most part, I've tried to stay away from. For some reason that didn't happen this past year. I'm collecting the World Baseball Classic team USA and I'm down to 3 cards. Mike Trout, Kyle Tucker and Kyle Schwarber. 

*The other two subsets I've started are the All Aces and Father's Day patch cards. I'm about halfway on the All Aces and only about a third of the Father's Day patch. Another one of those, "Why did I start this?" collecting moments. 

*TCDB update is still in the waiting stages. I can't seem to get motivated to get it moving. I know this, the longer I wait, the worse it's going to get. I need to find my motivation. 

*Had a really cool moment with one of my grandsons. He's 3 years old. He crawled up in my lap and wanted to look at his 2023 set in the binder. He pointed at cards and asked who they were, I pointed out the Rangers (to continue the indoctrination!). We went through the book 3 times before he lost interest. 

*Lastly, I guess one of my other goals for 2024 is to try much harder to blog on a regular basis. There are times that I really just don't have anything to say (my wife would disagree with that. She says I could talk to a wall!). I'm going to try though! 

If you've made any goals or have any rambling thoughts, I'd love to read them! leave me a comment!

Peace, 

Michael

Isaiah 40:31

4 comments:

  1. I have lots of Heritage dupes, though if you're down to less than 100 cards I don't know if I can help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the set building. There are a few set builds in my cabinet that I wonder why I started myself. That's really cool that your grandson likes to look at cards. I'm impressed at 3 years old he has the patience to flip through a binder 3 times. Don't think my nephews could sit in one spot for more than 30 seconds at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the 2024 Topps is awesome. It beats 2023 by a longshot.

    ReplyDelete

What a week!

 It's been a tough week! As some of you know, I'm a special education teacher and a baseball coach in high school. With school windi...